Diabetic Food List: Diabetes is a metabolic disease that raises your blood sugar level. This is a common problem among people. It is mainly caused by an unhealthy lifestyle and diet. The hormone insulin takes sugar from our blood and stores it to produce energy. In diabetes, our body cannot produce or use insulin in the right way.
As mentioned, diabetes is related to our regular diet. It can get really bad in the winter. Diabetics should avoid consuming foods that are safe and healthy. Let’s see what they are now.
Diabetic Food List: Best and Worst Choices, The Best food for diabetes control
- Honey is a popular and very common remedy for a sore throat or runny nose. It is a natural dessert. But the sugar content is high. Therefore, diabetics should avoid this.
- Jaggery is a staple food. It is used to make many delicious desserts and Indian dishes. Although it is a form of natural sugar, it is high in glycemic index (GI) levels. Therefore it should be avoided by diabetics.
- It is made with cornflour. This is one of the most popular dishes. But this is not the case for diabetics. Because it has a high GI level.
- It is better to drink tea or coffee in moderation. But diabetics should never add sugar to it.
- Any fried food is full of trans fats. They cause inflammation in your body and increase insulin resistance. Therefore, diabetics should reduce their intake.
- Fruits are high in vitamins and minerals. But some also have high sugar content. Therefore, diabetics should take care of it and eat fruits in moderation and avoid fruit juices. They should also avoid store-bought fruit juices as their sugar content is very high.