How to Stop Hiccups: Hiccups can sometimes be very annoying. It can be annoying if hiccups occur while talking or eating with someone. Hiccups are caused by the contraction of a part of the body called the diaphragm. It is followed by a sudden closing of the vocal cords, which produces a hiccup sound.
To get rid of such annoying hiccups, people are trying many tricks. It may be that the person is frightened or drinking water or holding their breath. These usually work. But sometimes they are going to be useless. In cases like this, you need some effective remedies. They really do work. So let’s look at some tricks to get rid of hiccups now.
How to Stop Hiccups: 5 Sure Shot Home Remedies that Work
- Press your hand very hard with the thumb of your hand. Press your thumb with your other thumb and forefinger. This pressure will distract you and your nervous system.
- Mix 1 tablespoon honey with 1 tablespoon castor oil and soak this mixture in your finger and taste. Do this 2-3 times. This is a great Ayurvedic solution to get rid of your hiccups.
- This will definitely help you to stop your hiccups. Squeeze the lemon slightly to put an immediate end to your endless hiccups.
- Gently press the soft area behind your ears to calm down. You can put your fingers in your ears or put your hands over your ears.
- Sit down and hug your knees and then bring your knees close to your chest and hug. It calms the diaphragm to help stop hiccups.