Voter Registration Online Tamilnadu 2021- What are the qualifications to vote: Officials said that 18- to 21-year-olds have been arranged to apply online to add their names to the voter list. Therefore, in order to create awareness among the youth, the Election Commission of India has arranged to add the name to the voter list online.
Accordingly, youths between the ages of 18 and 21 whose names are not included in the voter list can visit WWW.elections.tn.gov.in. You can apply on the website. You can add the name through Form 6. Aadhar card as proof of age, college identity card, other proof of age should be uploaded. Students staying in college hostels are required to complete the application by adding their name to their native address.
Do not add your name to the college hostel address. Arrangements have also been made to download TN Elections from the Play Store on a smart phone and apply for voter registration at no cost. Officials said the name could be added to the voter list at home without any charge.
There are two ways to add your name to the voter list – Voter Registration Online
Registration can be done online at the Election Commission’s National Voter Service website or using a mobile processor. If you are unable to do so through the Internet, you can go to special camps for voters in your area or go directly to the election officials in your area and submit the application.
Application for inclusion of name
- If a person turns 18 on January 01 of each year, one can apply to add his or her name.
- Use Form-6 to add a name to the voter list.
- Form – 6, 2 color photo or black and white photo to attach.
- A copy of the birth certificate should be attached
- Copy of proof of address in the name of the applicant or his parents (i.e. current account book or family card or passport of the bank/post office or driving license/income tax assessment order or receipt for the latest drinking water/telephone/electricity/gas connection or in the applicant’s name at the given address by post office A copy of the received/delivered mail should be attached as proof
Application for name correction – Voter Registration Online
- You can apply for the required corrections when something goes wrong with your Electoral Identity Card (EPIC) or voter list.
- Use Form-8 to correct incorrect registration
- A copy of the birth certificate should be submitted as proof of identity.
Special camps for voters
Those who do not have internet or cell phone facility can go and fill these forms in person at the voter camps conducted in your area from time to time. You can add, delete or edit your name on the voter list by filling out the form and providing a photo and ID card.
These camps usually take place at any building that serves as a polling station during election times. Most likely these will be schools in your area. The date of these camps will be announced by the government in advance.
Read Also: Download Free Tamil Movies